What is the Blessed to Be a Blessing Board?
The First Friends Church Blessing Board is a Facebook group that is open to provide another outlet for the organic generosity in our First Friends family. This is not a sales site; anyone is welcome to post a new or gently-used item that you would be willing to give and in the process materially “bless” a new owner.
When you see an item that you or someone you know would be blessed by, please post in the comments that you would like it and contact the giver directly to arrange pick up of the item. We don’t limit the range of our blessings, so you do not have to be a member of First Friends Church to participate in either the giving or the receiving of these blessings.
Please share with your friends to post items they would like to give and let the blessings begin!
GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATING:
- All items posted to this site should be in generally “gently-used” and “usable” condition. Please only offer goods, not services.
- Items posted here are not for sale, giving only.
- No used mattresses or box springs, please.
- Do NOT leave items, for future pickup, at the Church’s front desk.
- Always use common sense and some caution when exchanging items with someone you do not already know.
- Once you have given an item away, delete your item post.
- Items posted will be monitored and removed immediately if inappropriate.
- Only take what you need and will use.
- Be respectful and be sure you pick up your item at the time and location agreed upon.
- Do NOT resell any of these gifted, donated items. Re-post the item if you find that you cannot make use of an item.